Our guest security and wellness are our maximum priority. We have been working to transform our hotel and adapt it to our new situation, we have learned and prepared our hotel and our operating system so everybody will be and feel safe, to welcome you back, protect you and take care of you and your family, and finally so the Covid-19 do not spoil your deserve holidays or your business trip.
All our staff has received full training about how to manage with Covid-19: what is it, how to fight it and how to keep it under control. We have become specialists against Covid-19 contagion, so we know what to do, to protect ourselves and our guests.
We have equipped ourselves with Covid-19 contagion prevention plans, with new highly demanding action protocols, from the best prevention and cleaning and disinfection companies. We are committed to your safety and we want to prove it to you.
- Room cleaning and disinfection: the cleaning protocols has been reviewed and updated to ensure a profound, complete, and demanding disinfection process, eliminating any vestige of viruses, in case it had entered. All rooms are sealed off to ensure that once the cleaning staffs completes the cleaning and disinfection process, no one else has entered the room and can therefore be considered a secured space.
- Laundry service: the protocol for the management of all linen has been updated to ensure separate circuits of dirty clothes and clean clothes and to ensure the use of washing procedures at temperatures above 60º that guarantee the elimination of any possible viral contamination.
- Ventilation: it is considered one of the most effective basic measures and is carried out strictly throughout the process of cleaning and disinfecting rooms.
- Textiles: certain elements have been removed from the rooms to reduce possible contagion surfaces. The rest of the textile materials such as curtains, cushions and sofas are sprayed with disinfectant during the cleaning and disinfection room process
Reception, restaurant and common areas
- Increase in the frequency of cleaning and disinfection in common areas: all the hot spots in the hotel common areas have been studied and cleaning and disinfection protocols are applied to avoid contact transmission.
- Hydroalcoholic gel: hydroalcoholic gel dispensers are available in all common areas of the hotel and reminders of the importance of their use.
- Capacity reduction: we have recalculated and reduced the capacity in each area of the hotel, depending on the possible risks and the preventive measures adopted, to make them safe, and physical barriers have been established with our staff in order to maintain the on-site service ensuring the necessary social distance.
- Signposting: in all the common areas and inside the rooms, the signage has been reinforced to spread and remember the preventive messages that must be respected at any time for all’s safety
- Disinfected electronical cards: all access card to the rooms are disinfected before being delivered to the guest.
- Staff training: all Hotel Flamingo staff has received training and information on the essential aspects of Covid-19, on the defined protocols and their correct implementation and, on the protocols to help and advice our guests.
- Use of EPIS: our staff has the appropriate protective equipment for each department and job, as well as training in its proper use. Likewise, all guests are informed of the mandatory use of mask in the hotel common areas. We have protective equipment available to our guests. See section “Your protection”.
- Room rotation: the room reservations calendar is organized with the criterion of allowing the maximum time interval between one guest and the next one.
- Service and activities information: we want you to be safe both in our hotel and in any other activity or visit that you carry out in our environment. So, we will give you updated information to make your stay as safe as possible.
We want to share with you how much we have learned to avoid the spread of Covid-19. The key is to self-protect and protect others from the virus, so that we have it all under full control. This is the reason why we recommend some basic behaviour so that we are all with sanitary security and calm:
- Arrival at the hotel: it is mandatory for everyone to Access into the hotel with mask, without it you are not allowed to enter. We Will have some masks available in Reception in case you forget it. We ask you to follow all sign in hotel and the indications of our staff:
- Hands disinfection with hydroalcoholic gel that will be available at the entrance of the hotel.
- Footwear and other items disinfection at the entrance.
- We will measure your temperature with a non-contact thermometer, so it can only be accessed with a temperature below than 37,5ºC.
- We can measure your blood oxygen saturation, so that you can only access with a percentage higher of 90%.
- Filling the document with your healthy status unless you have done it before your arrival.
- Follow the access routes indicated in the floor.
These measures are also followed by all Hotel Flamingo staff daily.
- Entering into your room: you will find it completely disinfected, so that it is your secure area and you can be there with yours with total tranquillity. But to keep it in that state, we recommend that, whenever you enter in, the first thing to do is wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, before touching anything; and also that you leave in the dirty area of your room, located in the wood-bench, what you think is not as clean as you would like. In this way, you will keep your room Covid-19 clean permanently.
- In the room: ventilate the room as often as possible by opening the windows, if possible, every hour.
- In common areas:the main way of infection is through the mouth by inspiring virally charged droplets from a person in the contagion phase. To protect yourself and others, we have made the use of a mask mandatory for everyone. In that way, if we all wear a mask we cannot be infected orally, nor infect others. For the mask to be effective, it must preferably be type FFP2 (European nomenclature) or its equivalents under other standards (N95, KF95, KN95, KP95, P95, DS95, etc). Remember that if it gets damage or dirty, you ned to change it.
- Breakfast-buffet: it is necessary to access with a mask and wear it to move around the buffet. Also, hand disinfection at the entrance. Follow the directions to occupy a table identified as DISINFECTED and prepared. Food is properly protected and to handle it totally safe, you will need to use the gloves available.
- In the restaurant: it is also necessary to access with a mask and wear it to move around the restaurant. You will have hand disinfection at the entrance. Follow the directions to occupy a table identified as having been properly disinfected and prepared. On the table, you will have a small bag to store the mask safely. During the service, the restaurant will enjoy additional ventilation and extraction of air, so that you can enjoy as long as you like.
- Outside the hotel:the use of the mask is mandatory on public transport, in most closed spaces and in general in all open spaces where you cannot maintain the safety distance. We recommend you remove your mask only when it is essential, such as eating or drinking, and when you can ensure the minimum distance from other people.
- Your safety: if during your stay you notice that you or one of yours has any of the usual symptoms, such as fever, cough or general discomfort, contact us immediately, so that we can help you
As you can see, there are a few basic rules, which can generate some discomfort, but which are designed so that you manage your health security and you can enjoy your stay with us and return home with ease.
Do not let the Covid-19 spoil your vacation or work trip! Join us and enjoy.
Why do you say you have become specialists in Covid-19? Is it that the other hotels are not?
The entire staff of Hotel Flamingo has done a specific 3-hour contagion management training for Covid-19, with exams. All department heads have done specific training in the design of Covid-19 prevention plans and we have studied the entire hotel and redefined all the processes making them Covid-safe. We now manage the science-based Covid-19. What the authority determines may not be enough if you do not know how to implement it. And we see that there are quite a few hotels that are lost and do not know what they must do to get the virus under control.
Are you Covid-free?
No. It is impossible to be 100% free of the virus and it is unreal to say that you are. What can be done is to manage this risk with preventive measures and ensure that the risk of contagion is practically zero, although not zero.
You say that you have prepared the hotel so that we are all safe, what does this mean?
The virus can be in people and pass from one to another. All the people who enter the hotel every day pass a virus check, to detect if there is someone who may be infected and to help them immediately and prevent them from infecting others. Inside the hotel, we all carry our personal protection stuff, so that we are protected and protect others. And the objects of the hotel are handled by everyone in such a way that any viral load that could be remotely, is effectively eliminated. We have the virus controlled in the people and in the objects of the Hotel.
What happens if I make a reservation today and I do not feel well the day before? Can I just cancel it?
During the pandemic period, the flexibility of booking cancellation is practically 100%. We want guests to come and enjoy, and if they are unlucky enough to be unwell just before they come, we will make it easier for you to cancel your reservation or reschedule for later, if you so desire.
Why do I have to wear a mask inside the hotel?
Between 25 and 30% of people who become infected with this virus do not have symptoms, so they do not know they have the disease and for a few days they infect others, without knowing it. That is why, inside the hotel, all people wear appropriate masks to protect ourselves and protect everyone else from possible contagion. If we all wear a mask, we are all safe and we can rest easy.
The guest room has been rethought to make it a place to be without any protection, like at home.
And in restaurants, bars and places where you have to dispense with a mask, we have compensated the stay with additional natural and mechanical ventilation, so that people can rest easy.
Can I bring my pet with me?
Of course. We are in the Ebro Delta and we love nature.
Do you have authorization to take my temperature at the entrance to the hotel?
These are the rules that all the staff have given us at the hotel and that we also ask our clients and suppliers, protecting us in the right of admission, to avoid a much greater evil.
What happens if several people go and only one has a fever?
Any person who is not able to enter the hotel will not be able to do so. If the companions decide that they are also leaving, we will feel sorry for everyone, but we consider that our commitment is not to allow access. Of course, if you wish, we will provide you the way to contact the nearest health care place and we will facilitate the cancellation or postponement of your reservation.
Is the security distance kept at the hotel?
At the hotel we always try to fulfil the obligations issued by the competent authority. All the furniture has been moved, to keep social distance and, if it is not possible there, we warn it and require that all people wear the necessary mask.
Can I access the hotel if I have lost my mask or have forgotten it?
At Reception we have some masks for these emergencies. However, we cannot guarantee that we will always have them available. A person without a mask or similar cannot access the hotel.
What if I do not want to wear the mask or it does not work for me?
The use of the mask by all the people present in the hotel is an obligation that we have imposed ourselves, to preserve the health of all, to avoid a greater danger. The person who do not wants to wear a mask will be invited to leave the hotel.
What if I have a fever, but I carry a medical certificate, stating that the cause is different from SARS-CoV-2?
At the hotel we do not control any person, but the virus. If a person has fever and can demonstrate that it is not because of this virus, they will be welcome and we will do as much as we can to make them feel better.
Will I be able to have breakfast – lunch – dinner in the room?
Of course, you will. Our room service will take you to the room anything you need, as before (This service has extra charge).
Why is the indoor pool not open?
Like all other facilities, the indoor pool has been studied by prevention experts and they have determined that, given the high level of demand for prevention measures, we prefer to keep it closed.
What ventilation system do they have in the hotel?
The prevention technicians have studied in detail the ventilation system throughout the hotel and have determined the protocols to be followed in each and every one of the areas, to ensure that viral loads that could remotely enter the hotel are quickly eliminated. In the Restaurant and in the lounge, we have supplementary ventilation of great power.
What measures have been taken in the room?
Each room is cleaned and disinfected every day with a hospital-level protocol. Once this process is completed, we seal the room, so that when the guest arrives, he is sure that no one has entered, so that he is completely safe and calm, like at home. In addition, we recommend a series of hygiene and ventilation practices, to keep your room clean from viral risks.
What measures have been taken at breakfast?
It has been important for us to maintain our breakfast buffet, so recognized by our guests, with its natural orange juice, Nespresso coffee and a long etcetera that has made it so popular. We maintain it, improving food protection and asking guests to wear a mask and gloves on their trips to the buffet.
What measures have been taken in the restaurant?
In our restaurant we have high performance forced air extraction, so the place is very safe. You can be without a mask, relax and enjoy.
What measures have been taken on the terrace?
In our popular terrace we have recalculated and adjusted the capacity, although the prevention technicians have reduced it very little, because being on the first line of the beach, it is an enviable sea breeze, which practically eliminates the risk of contagion.
What measures have you taken in the pool?
The chlorination of the water is followed very closely, which is what guarantees the total healthiness of the water. Outside the pool, we have established social distance.
Do you know what measures have been taken on the beach?
The probability of contagion by sea water or by the sand on the beach is practically nil. And we know it because we have studied it. The City Council has determined that the social distance established by the authority must be respected.
What do you have planned if someone becomes ill during your stay?
When any person who is in the hotel presents any type of symptom or pre-symptom of SARS-CoV-2, the first person who identifies it, activates the contingency plan that we have planned, which mobilizes a large part of the hotel, to help the possible sick person immediately and preserve all others from possible contagion.
C/ Ronda de Mar, 58 – 43895 L’Ampolla
Teléfono: 977 59 38 16
Fax: 977 59 38 19