What are cookies?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels are tools used by web servers to store and retrieve information on their visitors, as well as to operate the website effectively.
Through the use of devices the web server is permitted to store some information on users, such as their preferences for viewing the pages of this server, name and password, the products they are most interested in, etc.
COOKIES affected by the regulations and exempts cookies
Según la directiva de la UE, las cookies que requieren el consentimiento informado por parte del usuario son las cookies de analítica y las de publicidad y afiliación, quedando exceptuadas las de carácter técnico y aquellas necesarias para la prestación de un servicio expresamente pedido por el usuario.
What type of cookies are there?
There are five major cookie type groups:
- Analytics cookies : used to collect information on website usage.
- Social media cookies: those required for external social networks.
- Affiliate cookies: used to track visits from other websites, with which the website establishes an affiliation contract (member companies).
- Advertising and behavioural cookies: to collect information on the personal preferences and choices of users (retargeting).
- Technical and functional cookies: those strictly necessary for the use of the website and to provide the requested service.